Are You Ready for School?
In order to start Distance Learning, you need to have the following:
- Internet capable device - Laptop computer, Desktop computer, chromebook, tablet or smartphone.
- Access to your school email account. All students have an email account using the gilroyunified.org domain. You need to set up your school email account using your student number. See instructions to the below.
- Access to AERIES account. All students have an account to AERIES which is where you will get your schedule from, see your grades, email your teachers, see your teacher's Google classroom, etc. Parents have a different account than students. Click here for Parent account set up information.
- Students will be invited to Zoom Meetings by their teachers. Class meetings will be held using this format. Links to meetings will found in AERIES and through email.
- Students will access curriculum through Google Classroom for each teacher. Each teacher will give out an access code for student to access and configure Google Classroom.
All student email accounts reference your six digit Identification number, that starts with a "7". (ie. 7#####).
Open Google Email (Gmail) and in the account email, enter your 6 digit student ID # @ gilroyunified.org. (ie. email@example.com)
Your default password is your birth date (MM/DD/YYYY). Use all numbers and no slashes or dashes.
If you are having issues, contact the school.
You need to have access to and a working gilroyunified.org email address to access your account in AERIES.
To create an account or access account if you forgot password.
- Enter student email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click FORGOT PASSWORD. A reset link will be sent your gilroyunified.org student email account.
- Reset password using the link in your email account.
- Re-login into your account.
Located in your Profile page, you will see your class schedule and links to the Teacher's Google Classroom and Zoom meeting links.