Food Service Information
SCHOOL MEALS WILL CONTINUE TO BE FREE FOR ALL STUDENTS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Beginning in School Year (SY) 2022–23, California will become the first state to implement a statewide Universal Meals Program for school children. California’s Universal Meals Program (Universal Meals) is designed to build on the foundations of the federal National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP). There are three key pillars that have been established to ensure that the program is a success:
- Pillar One: California’s State Meal Mandate is expanded to include both a nutritiously adequate breakfast and lunch for, not just needy children, but all children each school day.
- Pillar Two: High poverty schools will be required to participate in a federal provision.
- Pillar Three: The California State Legislature allocates funds to provide additional state meal reimbursement to cover the cost of the Universal Meals Program.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION!
ALL families MUST complete an application for the
2022-2023 school year by September 28, 2022.
- Please complete an online application or complete a paper application (English/ Spanish) and turn into the District Office.
- Information from submitted applications help the district with much needed funding for students, staff, classrooms, etc.
- Completing an applications entitles your family to community benefits, such as city programs, discounts on utilities, and more!
- Applications MUST be received by September 28th, 2022 for district date collection.
Questions regarding applications, please call 669-205-4044 (English) or 669-205-4075 (Spanish).