- Sign up for Remind 101- Class of 2019 to get important updates right on your phone!
- Senior Year Expenses- English
- Senior Year Expenses- Spanish
- Senior Dates to Remember- English
- Senior Year Dates to Remember- Spanish
- Scholarship/Financial Aid Info - English
- Scholarship/Financial Aid Info- Spanish
- Senior Year Checklist
Community Service Deadlines for SENIORS:
- 50 hours completed and submitted by October 20th 2017 to participate in and attend the Senior Dinner Dance
- 60 hours completed and submitted by January 12th 2018 to participate in and attend Winter Ball 2018.
- 70 hours completed and submitted by March 9th 2018 to participate in and attend Sadie Hawkins and Prom 2018.
- 80 hours completed and submitted by May 1st 2018 to participate in any and all Senior Class 2018 activities, including Senior Trip and the graduation ceremony on June 8, 2018.
GUSD Valedictorian/Salutatorian Selection Criteria
The top five highest GPAs of the senior class (as of the 4th quarter progress report) who have completed a minimum of 120 credits at the school of attendance will be eligible for class Valedictorian. The runner up will become the Salutatorian. (A separate speech may be required from the Salutatorian.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or higher
- Regular courses will be calculated on a traditional (4) point scale
- AP course will be calculated on a weighted (5) point scale
- Pass the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE)
- Complete all GUSD graduation requirements
- Complete all courses to qualify for admission to a University of California
- (A-G Requirements)
- College courses will be considered in the GPA calculation
- Complete a typed application
- In 500 words or less explain the importance of this honor and reasons why you should be considered.
- Provide two teacher letters of recommendation, which speak to your character, decision making and academic perseverance
- Resume documenting leadership accomplishments, school involvement
- Agree to allow the complete academic, attendance and disciplinary records reviewed by selection committee
- School attendance must be free from excessive unexcused absences or tardies
- Possess a disciplinary record that is free from major transgressions including those involving academic dishonesty Paper screening of all aspects of application and related documents
- Deliver speech to selection committee
- The candidate with the highest cumulative score will be the Valedictorian.
- Panel comprised of principal and one other administrator, two counselors, activities director and 4 teachers form different subject areas. All panel selections are made by the principal.
This honor may be revoked should the person selected fall below the aforementioned qualifying criteria, through action or omission, prior to the graduation ceremony.
SAT & ACT Registration
California State University Apply on-line
University of California Apply on-line
Community College Information:
Other Helpful Links for COllege and Career Exploration
Presentation and Handouts
Please fill out a transcript request form available in Student Services in order to request a copy of your transcript or have your official transcript sent to a college or University.