Senior Dinner Dance on the San Francisco Bay
Saturday, Nov. 10
Tickets on sale: Oct. 15-26
$135 with ASB $140 without ASB
Class of 2019! Excited about your upcoming graduation? You can order your cap, gown, tassel and stole for $36.70 if you order now. Click here to order now.
- Class of 2019 Parent Night Handouts
- Class of 2019 Community Service Deadlines
- GUSD Valedictorian Selection Process
- College and Career Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Information
- Transcript Requests
- Sign up for Remind 101- Class of 2019 to get important updates right on your phone!
- Senior Year Expenses- English
- Senior Year Expenses- Spanish
- Senior Dates to Remember- English
- Senior Year Dates to Remember- Spanish
- Scholarship/Financial Aid Info - English
- Scholarship/Financial Aid Info- Spanish
- Senior Year Checklist
Community Service Deadlines for SENIORS:
- 50 hours completed and submitted before able to purchase tickets for and participate in Homecoming Dance (October 20) and Senior Dinner Dance (November 10)
- 60 hours completed and submitted by JANUARY 11. Sixty hours are required in order to purchase tickets for and participate in Winter Ball (January 25, 2019)
- 7o hours completed and submitted by MARCH 8. Seventy hours are required in order to purchase tickets for and participate in the Sadie Hawkins Dance (March 15)
- 80 hours completed and submitted before able to purchase tickets for and participate in Prom (April 20/ 27). Eighty hours are required by all CHS students by MAY 1. All hours must be completed and submitted in order to participate in Senior Trip and Graduation on June 6, 2019.
GUSD Valedictorian/Salutatorian Selection Criteria
The top five highest GPAs of the senior class (as of the 4th quarter progress report) who have completed a minimum of 120 credits at the school of attendance will be eligible for class Valedictorian. The runner up will become the Salutatorian. (A separate speech may be required from the Salutatorian.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or higher
- Regular courses will be calculated on a traditional (4) point scale
- AP course will be calculated on a weighted (5) point scale
- Pass the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE)
- Complete all GUSD graduation requirements
- Complete all courses to qualify for admission to a University of California
- (A-G Requirements)
- College courses will be considered in the GPA calculation
- Complete a typed application
- In 500 words or less explain the importance of this honor and reasons why you should be considered.
- Provide two teacher letters of recommendation, which speak to your character, decision making and academic perseverance
- Resume documenting leadership accomplishments, school involvement
- Agree to allow the complete academic, attendance and disciplinary records reviewed by selection committee
- School attendance must be free from excessive unexcused absences or tardies
- Possess a disciplinary record that is free from major transgressions including those involving academic dishonesty Paper screening of all aspects of application and related documents
- Deliver speech to selection committee
- The candidate with the highest cumulative score will be the Valedictorian.
- Panel comprised of principal and one other administrator, two counselors, activities director and 4 teachers form different subject areas. All panel selections are made by the principal.
This honor may be revoked should the person selected fall below the aforementioned qualifying criteria, through action or omission, prior to the graduation ceremony.
SAT & ACT Registration
California State University Apply on-line
University of California Apply on-line
Community College Information:
Other Helpful Links for College and Career Exploration
Presentation and Handouts
- CHS English Financial Aid Resources
- CHS Spanish Financial Aid Resources
- 2019 Income and Asset Ceilings for New Applicants and Renewing Recipients
- CHS English Financial Aid Information Night 2018-19
- CHS Spanish Financial Aid Information Night 2018-19
- How to Create an FSA ID Guide
College Application Workshops every Monday from 3-4 pm in the COllege and Career Center