Course Registration Information
- CHS COURSE CATALOGS
- ADVANCED PLACEMENT/ HONORS AGREEMENT
- AP / HONORS COURSE SYLLABI
- CHS COURSE CHANGE POLICY
Christopher High School supports any student who wants to accept the challenges of an advanced level class. Each Advanced Placement test will cost approximately $94 (per AP class taken) and must be paid for in December of 2020. Students who want to enroll in an honors or advanced placement level course must complete this form:
Course and Teacher Change Request Policies
We do our best to place students in the courses that they initially request at their scheduling appointment. However, CHS may make changes to a student’s schedule based on previous grades, courses needed to graduate, and course availability. No elective courses chosen are ever guaranteed.
The deadline to request a course change for the 2019-20 school year was March 15, 2019.
A course change will only be considered in the following situations:
- To meet graduation requirements
- Scheduling error
- Failure to attend an AP informational meeting.
- Students wishing to move up into AP/Honors courses. (Must be requested within the first two weeks of the school year, pending space in other classrooms and impact on overall schedule.)
** Note that there will be no moves DOWN, out of AP/Honors classes once the deadline for course changes has passed in the spring.
Teacher Change Requests:
As a rule, we do not consider or allow teacher change requests. Please also note that a sibling’s experience with a teacher does not qualify a student for a teacher change.
If a student has an issue with a teacher the following steps are required:
- Parent schedules a meeting with the teacher and student to address concerns and come up with interventions or steps to resolve the issue.
- If, after time has been given to allow interventions to work, and concerns continue, parent can schedule a conference with teacher, student and AC to facilitate an action plan.
- If, after allowing time to implement the action plan, concerns continue to exist, parent may request a meeting with the principal and the teacher to address concerns and consider the request for a change of teacher. Please note that a change in teacher may require a change in the student’s class schedule and may result in several period/teacher changes.
- The principal will review the request and make the final decision.