Course Registration Information
- CHS COURSE CATALOGS
- CHS COURSE CHANGE POLICY
- HONORS AGREEMENTS
- AP COURSE AGREEMENT
- AP / HONORS COURSE SYLLABI
Course and Teacher Change Request Policies
We do our best to place students in the courses that they initially request at their scheduling appointment. However, CHS may make changes to a student’s schedule based on previous grades, courses needed to graduate, and course availability. No elective courses chosen are ever guaranteed.
The deadline to request a course change for the 2019-20 school year was March 15, 2019.
A course change will only be considered in the following situations:
- To meet graduation requirements
- Scheduling error
- Failure to attend an AP informational meeting.
- Students wishing to move up into AP/Honors courses. (Must be requested within the first two weeks of the school year, pending space in other classrooms and impact on overall schedule.)
** Note that there will be no moves DOWN, out of AP/Honors classes once the deadline for course changes has passed in the spring.
Teacher Change Requests:
As a rule, we do not consider or allow teacher change requests. Please also note that a sibling’s experience with a teacher does not qualify a student for a teacher change.
If a student has an issue with a teacher the following steps are required:
- Parent schedules a meeting with the teacher and student to address concerns and come up with interventions or steps to resolve the issue.
- If, after time has been given to allow interventions to work, and concerns continue, parent can schedule a conference with teacher, student and AC to facilitate an action plan.
- If, after allowing time to implement the action plan, concerns continue to exist, parent may request a meeting with the principal and the teacher to address concerns and consider the request for a change of teacher. Please note that a change in teacher may require a change in the student’s class schedule and may result in several period/teacher changes.
- The principal will review the request and make the final decision.
Christopher High School supports any student who wants to accept the challenges of an advanced level class. Each AP test will cost approximately $94 (per AP class taken) and must be paid for in December of 2019.
Students wanting to enroll in an AP course must complete this form: